Mythic Quest’s Rob McElhenney Details Changes On Set After COVID Breakout

During the TCA winter press tour, Mystic Quest creator and star Rob McElhenney opened up about life on set after a COVID outbreak closed filming down for a few weeks. This involved the cast getting multiple tests a week and loads of available PPE.

Season 2 of the hit Apple TV+ series will arrive on May 7, and McElhenney talked with journalists ahead of the new season. “We hired a third party–a team of scientists and doctors that an epidemiologist to make sure that we were going to be as safe as we could possibly be, which meant testing as many times as five times a week,” McElhenney explained. “I know that we were tested–the people in Zone A were tested–three times a week, and if we had crowd scenes, which we tried to mitigate as much as possible, or intimate scenes or things like that, we would be rapid tested as well. So there were points at which I was tested [Along with other stars of the show] five or six times a week.”

McElhenney went on to explain there was extensive PPE on set, which included eating in what he said looked a lot like phone booths outside. “We knew that nothing is 100% safe, and if we were going to make the decision to go back to work, we could do the best we could do.”

Continue Reading at GameSpot

Edgar Wright Directing Running Man Remake

Edgar Wright (Baby Driver, Scott Pilgrim vs the World) will reportedly be directing a new adaptation of The Running Man, according to Deadline. No casting announcements or production start dates have yet been announced.

The Running Man was originally a novel published in 1982 by Stephen King, under the pseudonym Richard Bachman. The book was previously loosely adapted in 1987 into a dystopian sci-fi action movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. This new version from Wright will not be a remake, but another crack at reimagining the novel. Wright will co-write the story with Michael Bacall (21 Jump Street), with the latter writing the script.

According to Deadline, the reason why in 2021 a 1982 novel is getting another movie adaptation is reporetedly because Wright was given carte blanche back in 2017 to “remake any film,” and it’s taken years for the deal to come together. That said, the original novels’ themes of a world where the lanes merge between politics and pop culture has arguably never felt more timely.

Continue Reading at GameSpot

Tom Hardy Is Making a Netflix Movie With the Director of The Raid

Tom Hardy is teaming up with Gareth Evans, the director behind the critically acclaimed action films The Raid and The Raid 2, for a new crime thriller on Netflix titled “Havoc,” THR reports.

Evans is writing, directing, and co-producing the new project, with Hardy also co-producing.

Havoc follows Hardy as a detective making his way through the criminal world after a botched drug deal, tasked with rescuing a politician’s son while also discovering how deep the corruption in his city runs. Familiar stuff for Evans, who previously explored the Indonesian crime world in both Raid films.

[widget path=”global/article/imagegallery” parameters=”albumSlug=2021-movies-preview&captions=true”]

Filming is being eyed to start in June, possibly in Wales, where Evans filmed his 2018 cult horror Netflix movie Apostle.

Evans is known for his action-packed directorial style, both choreographing and editing his films personally. The Raid films also helped launch the career of martial arts star Iko Uwais, who starred in both Raid films as well as Evans’ 2009 debut Merantau. Those films helped introduce Pencak Silat, an Indonesian form of martial arts, to the world of cinema.

Are you a massive fan of Evans’ work on The Raid films? Check out these other martial arts action flicks we think Raid fans will love.

[ignvideo url=”https://www.ign.com/videos/2015/11/17/the-raid-2-berendal-teaser-trailer”]

Hardy is also set to star in the upcoming Venom: Let There Be Carnage, due out on June 25.

[poilib element=”accentDivider”]

Joseph Knoop is a writer/producer/bat boy for IGN.

Destiny 2 Mission Accidentally Using Hitler Youth Slogan Will Be Changed

A weekly challenge in Destiny 2 will be changed after fans alerted Bungie that the title shares a namesake with a slogan from the Hitler Youth. Bungie quickly issued an apology, saying it was “completely unintentional” and promising to change the name in a future patch.

Kotaku reports that the challenge is called “Blood and Honor,” part of the new Season of the Chosen. The name is a translation of the German phrase “Blut und Ehre,” a slogan favored by the Nazi youth organization and currently used by a British neo-Nazi group. Destiny players raised the issue on social media, prompting the response from Bungie.

“Any connection to anti-Semitism in Destiny is completely unintentional,” the company said in a statement. “Bungie is emphatically committed to inclusion and human rights, and will never stand for anti-Semitism. We are already preparing fixes in an upcoming patch. We apologize to all of our players that were hurt by the references, and we are grateful to our community for bringing their concerns to our attention.”

Continue Reading at GameSpot