Canceled N64 Game Dinosaur Planet Leaks, Is Fully Playable
Rare’s canceled game Dinosaur Planet, which would eventually be overhauled and released as Star Fox Adventures for GameCube, has leaked in its original state online. The game was planned for the Nintendo 64, and much of its DNA still exists in Star Fox Adventures–hence that game’s major differences from the rest of the series.
Shared by the Nintendo historian Forest of Illusion on Twitter and spotted by VGC, Dinosaur Planet is fully playable via this leaked version, though the account said it won’t run perfectly on emulators. The build appears to be from after Nintendo had already decided to mix in elements of Star Fox, as you can see Fox McCloud himself in one of the screenshots. The game was still called Dinosaur Planet at this point, however.
Today we have released Dinosaur Planet by Rare for Nintendo 64. The development was halted and moved to the GameCube, where it was then released as Star Fox Adventures. Enjoy! (More info in this thread).
Link to the dump:https://t.co/gQGGcU4vJK pic.twitter.com/Orub7RU3fa
— Forest of Illusion (@forestillusion) February 20, 2021
It’s peculiar to see how Fox had been seemingly shoehorned into the game at this point, wearing his usual outfit but with a sword on his back. He ended up using a staff as his main weapon in Star Fox Adventures but went back to his blaster and other sci-fi technology for Star Fox Assault a few years later.
Investor At Center Of GameStop Stock Fiasco Says He “Barely” Understands It
If you don’t know the name Keith Gill, you at least know what he did. The investor, who often posts on the WallStreetBets Reddit page, was largely responsible for triggering a massive spike in the price of GameStop stock, ultimately becoming a multimillionaire and hurting short-sellers who bet on the stock to fail. But even Gill doesn’t really know how everything works here.
Speaking during a Congressional hearing about the GameStop situation (via PC Gamer), Gill admitted he “barely” understands certain elements of the previous month’s events, including Robinhood halting purchases when GameStop’s stock had peaked at several hundred dollars.
“It’s alarming how little we know about the inner-workings of the market, and I am thankful that this Committee is examining what happened,” he said.
Metallica’s BlizzCon Performance Ruined By Twitch
BlizzCon veterans Metallica returned for this year’s only-only BlizzConline festivities, but the thrash metal band’s performance was ruined by a most unlikely culprit: Twitch. Right in the middle of one of its songs, the audio was replaced by some easy listening bell music, presumably to avoid having Blizzard banned for a false DMCA notice.
The clip, which esports expert Rod Breslau shared on Twitter, shows the band rocking out, with lead guitarist Kirk Hammett shredding, completely unaware that people were hearing what sounded like the main menu theme for a Teletubbies game.
the current state of Twitch: the official Twitch Gaming channel cut off the live Metallica concert to play 8bit folk music to avoid DMCA pic.twitter.com/sCn56So8Ee
— Rod Breslau (@Slasher) February 19, 2021
Several commenters online have pointed out the irony of this happening to Metallica. The band, particularly drummer Lars Ulrich, has been heavily critical of online music sharing, and the band had a high-profile case with Napster back in 2000.
New York City Tax Agency Subpoenaed In Trump Criminal Probe
Monster Hunter Rise Streams Announced For Early March
Ahead of Monster Hunter Rise‘s release, Capcom is hosting a trio of Monster Hunter streams next month. First, the publisher will air a Monster Hunter Digital Event on March 8. That stream will kick off at 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET and feature both Rise and Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin, which is also coming to Nintendo Switch later this year.
The following day’s stream will begin at the same time and features new Monster Hunter Rise gameplay, as well as hunting tutorials and a Q&A session with game director Yasunori Ichinose. Capcom is collecting fan questions on Twitter for the March 9 stream.
Finally, on March 10, Capcom will air a Monster Hunter Rise community livestream. Timing and other details for that broadcast will be announced at a later date.
New Overwatch 2 Maps, Mechanics, Abilities Revealed
Blizzard has shown off an Overwatch 2 behind-the-scenes featurette and, as part of that, given fans a glimpse at new additions and improvements being made for the sequel. During the flurry of BlizzConline 2021 announcements, Blizzard showed a behind-the-scenes featurette video for Overwatch 2, which revealed new details about the game’s locations, playable heroes, and enemies.
In the presentation, we get our first look at two locations in the upcoming multiplayer-focused hero shooter: Rome and New York City. The former will be the setting for one of the maps for Push mode, one of the new additions in Overwatch 2. The Overwatch version of Rome was described as being created to reflect a romanticized notion of the location, especially through its architecture. It features the colosseum and the grand hills as a backdrop. New York, meanwhile, was described as being “authentic” but with an Overwatch spin. It has pizza places and small shops that evoke the Village. “It feels like something you haven’t seen in other games before because it is uniquely Overwatch,” a dev said.
Unlike its predecessor, Overwatch 2 will have both permanent PvP and PvE modes. In PvE, you’ll fight computer-controlled enemies, and the new featurette reveals what some of them will look like, such as Null Sector’s Stalker and Breacher. The featurette also provides more context for how progression, story and hero missions, and hero customization will work in Overwatch 2’s PvE. In this mode, you’ll have the flexibility to customize abilities to tweak them to your liking.
WandaVision: So Who Is Kathryn Hahn Actually Playing?
In WandaVision Episode 7, we learned a shocking (or not-so-shocking, depending on how deeply embroiled in fan theories you’ve been since the show’s premiere) truth about Kathryn Hahn’s Agnes. Surprise! She’s actually been Agatha Harkness all along, and she even gets her very own theme song to prove it.
But, like many things in WandaVision, this reveal only served to raise more questions than it answered–namely: Who the hell is Agatha Harkness and why does she matter in Wanda’s story? And naturally, while this is still very much a mystery for the MCU, we can look to Agatha’s bizarre comic book history for clues.
James Gunn Had To Fight To Cast One Of Our Favorite Guardians Of The Galaxy
It’s hard to imagine the Guardians of the Galaxy films without Drax the Destroyer, and it’s even harder to imagine anyone other than Dave Bautista bringing the ultra-literal strongman to life, but it turns out that almost didn’t happen.
Director James Gunn is more active on Twitter than ever, offering fans of his work almost daily insight into his projects, and he’ll often answer fan questions with surprising candor and transparency. He took a moment off of shooting Peacemaker today to answer a few incoming queries.
“What’s a decision you had to fight tooth and nail for on a movie?” one fan asked. “Like looking back you still wonder why did the studio fight so hard against it?”
The Snyder Cut’s Martian Manhunter Revealed
That tease comes in the form of a new variant cover to March’s Justice League #59, drawn by DC’s Chief Creative Officer Jim Lee. The cover suggests a fairly comic book-faithful approach to Martian Manhunter, though one that emphasizes his gangly Martian form rather than his more rounded and muscular superhero look.

Lee and fellow DC artists Lee Bermejo (Batman: Damned) and Liam Sharp (The Green Lantern) are all drawing variant covers for Justice League #59, with the full team roster (and Darkseid!) divided among the three covers. DC is also offering black and white versions of these covers. You can check out all six covers in the slideshow gallery below:
[widget path=”global/article/imagegallery” parameters=”albumSlug=the-snyder-cuts-martian-manhunter-revealed-in-justice-league-comic-covers&captions=true”]
Lennix previously appeared in 2013’s Man of Steel and 2016’s Batman v Superman as Lt. General Calvin Swanwick, though we now know Swanwick is actually a disguised Martian Manhunter. Even Lennix himself didn’t know the truth behind his character until he was approached to reprise his role in Justice League. At the time, Lennix’s schedule didn’t allow him to return, but he’s since filmed new scenes for Snyder’s revamped version of the film.
Lennix joins other actors like Jared Leto and Joe Manganiello in filming new material for The Snyder Cut. We recently got a taste of how Leto’s Joker factors into the plot of the movie, and he’s quite a bit different from the version seen in 2016’s Suicide Squad.
Justice League #59 will hit stores on March 16, two days before Zack Snyder’s Justice League arrives in theaters and on HBO Max. That issue is part of DC’s Infinite Frontier relaunch and marks the beginning of writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist David Marquez’s run on the title. Bendis and Marquez will be shaking things up quite a bit for the League, including adding Black Adam, Hippolyta and Naomi to the roster. But despite current rumors, DC is not renaming Black Adam “Shazadam.”
[ignvideo url=”https://www.ign.com/videos/2021/02/14/zack-snyders-justice-league-trailer-breakdown-will-batman-and-joker-be-allies”]
[poilib element=”accentDivider”]
Jesse is a mild-mannered staff writer for IGN. Allow him to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket by following @jschedeen on Twitter.