Monster Hunter World Having Matchmaking Issues on Xbox

Capcom has come forward to address Monster Hunter World’s matchmaking issues on Xbox One.

“Hello Hunters, we’re aware of the Xbox matchmaking issues and dev team is actively investigating it, we’ll update you as soon as we can,” a post on the official Monster Hunter Twitter account said.

Monster Hunter World launched on January 26. Reports of matchmaking issues surfaced that day on Reddit, with a large number of Xbox One players saying they’re having trouble connecting with friends online. Prior to the game’s release, an open beta was held exclusively on PlayStation 4.

Continue reading…

Powered by WPeMatico

Rainbow Six Siege Dev Responds To “Frustration” Over Recent Changes, Reverses Price Hike

The developers of Rainbow Six Siege have released a statement regarding the announcement last week of premium loot boxes and a price hike for some content. In a post on Reddit, Ubisoft said it is aware of the “frustration” that some players are experiencing about the announcements and outlined the steps its taking to address.

Starting off, current Siege players who log an online match before March 6 will get the Ash Sidewinder Elite skin completely free. It will join your inventory when the game’s Year 3 Season 1 event begins.

Additionally, the Standard Edition is no longer getting a price hike; it’s going to stay at the current price on all platforms. Ubisoft originally said it would phase out the $40 Standard Edition in favour of a $60 Advanced edition.

It’s not all completely resolved and clear, however. Ubisoft still hasn’t given all the details on how Standard Edition owners will acquire Operators, but Ubisoft says more details are coming during the upcoming Six Invitational event in February.

“We recognize that this has been a point of frustration for new players, as well as existing players bringing their friends into the game, and have been working on how to make this process more fluid,” Ubisoft said.

“The Rainbow Six Siege team has always incorporated player feedback into the game and the direction of the design. Your voice is incredibly important to us and we are monitoring your feedback closely on all aspects of this announcement.”

Siege has been something of a comeback story. Launched in 2015 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, the tactical shooter didn’t always have a huge playerbase, but it now counts some 25 million users. For lots more, check out GameSpot’s video above in which we talk about the game’s comeback and more.

Powered by WPeMatico

Discovery and Lorca: Isaacs Explains It All

A lot went down in the latest Star Trek: Discovery episode, “What’s Past Is Prologue,” as the show hurtles towards its first-season finale in a couple of weeks. But surely the biggest “WTF just happened?!” moment came for Jason Isaacs’ Captain Lorca in the final minutes of the show. We spoke to Isaacs about the events of the episode, but obviously…

Full spoilers follow for Discovery’s first 13 episodes!

If you’ve seen the episode or don’t mind the spoilers, then read on for what Isaacs had to say about “What’s Past Is Prologue” and how things led to this point.

Continue reading…

Powered by WPeMatico

Star Trek: Discovery Review

Full spoilers follow for this episode. Click here if you want to learn how to watch Star Trek: Discovery.

Wow. Star Trek: Discovery has spent this whole second half of the season so far dropping crazy reveals, from the arrival in the Mirror Universe to Voq/Tyler to Mirror Lorca. And while those plot turns were telegraphed in advance and crowd-sourced to varying degrees, I doubt anybody saw this episode’s insanity coming as Lorca was killed off in spectacular and pretty definitive fashion and the crew escaped the Mirror U… only to be flung into a future where the Klingons have won the war!

Continue reading…

Powered by WPeMatico

Next Borderlands Game Will Include Elon Musk’s Flamethrower, Maybe

While the next Borderlands game remains officially unannounced, we do know a new entry in the series is coming. Gearbox Software CEO Randy Pitchford apparently doubled down on this today, saying on Twitter that the “next Borderlands game” may include a sentient flamethrower with flavour text written by none other than billionaire investor and businessman Elon Musk.

After Musk tweeted today about a sentient flamethrower and cryptocurrency and safe words, Pitchford asked Musk if he could add this to the “next Borderlands game.” Musk said he’s cool with it, and that’s that, apparently. The flamethrower in question here is Musk’s $500 flamethrower that we recently learned is a real thing that you can buy.

No Caption Provided

Bear in mind that even though Pitchford said he is “super serious” about this, it could still be a joke. We’ll have to wait to find out. As for t the real flamethrower, here’s what it looks like in real life:

A post shared by Elon Musk (@elonmusk) on

In 2016, Pitchford confirmed that a new Borderlands was in development, though it won’t necessarily be called Borderlands 3. At GDC the next year, Pitchford showed off a tech demo for development techniques that could be used in a future game–like a new Borderlands game. In September 2017, Pitchford teased a new Borderlands again, telling an audience at PAX West that around 90 percent of the company’s production staff are “working on the thing I think most of you guys want us to be working on.”

Take-Two Interactive, which owns Borderlands publisher 2K Games, said that a “highly anticipated new title from one of 2K’s biggest franchises” is due out in fiscal 2019. That could be a reference to a new Borderlands title. Whatever the case, Take-Two’s fiscal 2019 runs April 2018 through March 2019, so that’s when you might be able to expect the next Borderlands game. Maybe.

In 2017, Gearbox quietly announced a new shooter called Project 1v1, a first-person shooter with a twist. The developer also continues to support its hero shooter Battleborn, though given that the game underperformed, it remains to be seen what its future will be.

Powered by WPeMatico

More Overwatch Funko Toys Are Coming

As part of its bid to take over the world, Funko has announced even more toys based on Blizzard’s popular hero shooter, Overwatch. Figures based on Junkrat, Mercy, Zarya, Sombra, and Zenyatta are on the way, due for release in March.

Additionally, a new, larger-size Roadhog figure is coming in March, Funko announced on its website recently. You can see all the new figures in the gallery below.

No Caption Provided
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

These new figures add to the existing catalog of Overwatch Funko figures that already include characters like McCree, Symmetra, D.VA, and many others.

There are Funko toys for pretty much entertainment property under the sun; also, Lemmy has one.

In other Overwatch news, the game’s competitive tournament, Overwatch League, kicked off earlier this month and is off to a hot start. 10 million people watched the first week of competition and Toyota recently signed on as a sponsor.

Powered by WPeMatico